Sequal to its predecessors Nokia 7.1 the Nokia 8.1 was released a month after.
In terms of physical appearance, the both phones are identical with just minor tweeks to O.S and screen sizes.
The Nokia 8.1 possesses a 6.18 (6.2) inch screen, which is a bit larger than its predecessors.
Another major change was that of the Operating System (O.S). It runs on Android 9.0 Pie (Android One).
NOKIA 8.1 SPECIFICATIONS
- ANNOUNCED: announced and released in December, 2018
- DISPLAY: 6.18″ IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, 1080x2280p resolution (81.2% screen-to-body ratio and 408ppi).
- BUILD: Back and front GLASS (Corning Gorrilla Glass 3) and aluminium frame.
- SIM: dual hybrid Nano sim
- CHIP: QualComm SDM 710 Snapdragon 710 (10nm), Octa-core
- O.S: 8.0 Oreo (upgradable to 9.0 Pie)
- RAM: 4GB (8.1), 6GB (X7Y)
- MEMORY: 32GB, 64GB (up to 400GB shared sim 2 slot)
- CAMERA: dual 13MP + 13MP (depth sensor, Zeiss optics, PDAF). Video 2160p @30fps
- SELFIE: 20MP, Video 1080p @30fps
- CONNECTIVITY: 3.5mm headphone jack, USB 2.0 Type-C, WiFi, hot-spot, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- SENSORS: Finger print (rear mounted), accerelometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, compass
- BATTERY: Li-Ion 3500mAh. Fast charge at 18w.
- COLOR: Blue, Silver, Iron, Copper, Steel.
- PRICE: About $450
- MODEL: Nokia 8.1 and Nokia X7Y